George Utz Ltd (UK) is part of the Swiss based Utz Group, which was founded more than 60 years ago. The Group is a leading player in the Plastic Materials Handling sector across Europe, predominantly designing and manufacturing customer-specific plastic containers to transport items safely and securely.
Following recent extensive and ongoing investment, the UK subsidiary is a fully operational sales, manufacturing and warehousing facility, operating from recently extended purpose built premises on the Clover Nook Industrial Estate in Alfreton, Derbyshire, just alongside the M1.
An exceptional opportunity has arisen at George Utz Ltd (UK) for a sales individual to join its UK operation. This is a new role, which will be open to both junior, and senior sales individuals, therefore the job title will dependent on qualifications and experience. Within this role, you will be ultimately responsible for driving sales through new business development and account management, developing new leads and convert to sale whilst securing long term customer relationships.
What George Utz Ltd. offers you:
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme and EBIT based bonus scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Company car
- Initial and ongoing training and support from your team and management, with a focus on your career progression and personal development
- Modern production facilities equipped to a high standard of technology and machining
- A friendly, "can do" professional team environment
- Team building and social events
- The opportunity to benefit from a Company network covering Europe (Switzerland, Germany, England, France, Poland) the USA and China
- To work for a company whose customers cover diverse industries, including some of the world’s most prestigious car manufacturers, blue chip high street retail organisations, world class pharmaceutical companies and the UK’s leading supermarkets
The Full Job Description is set out below
- Research designated industry which will include supply chain, system integrators, retailer logistics, packaging sector and pooling material handling
- Your focus will be on building new relationships and expand existing cooperation.
- Identify additional revenue opportunities. Know how to generate new business.
- Develop solid working relationships with new and existing customers by continuous networking, and prospecting with key demographic customers in the region
- Keep and development of long term relationships with key clients.
- An appreciation of working in a solution based selling industry
- Bring in bespoke Project Management support to customers as required
- If you are experienced and have a track record of managing success projects, that would be preferred.
- Provide standard technical advice to customer, including suitability of George Utz solutions, timescales and ramifications for bespoke solutions and new tooling and manufacturing processes involved
- Liaise with in-house designer and complete design paperwork to ensure a smooth and comprehensive communication of customer requirements to and from George Utz
- You will investigate and identify potential applications for existing products and new once.
Special Qualifications/experience required
- Have a proven track record in proactively identifying new opportunities with the drive, energy and commitment to achieve targets
- Have experience of implementing sales and marketing activities for new channels, whilst able to create sustainable relationships with existing key stakeholders.
- Ideally come from a technical, design or packaging background, but this is not essential.
- Have a real drive and tenacity to win new business
- We require an enthusiastic, self-motivated and result oriented person.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- We are looking for sales focused and customer orientated person.
- As an experienced sales person, you need to understand customers’ needs to be able to present ideas and solutions to your counterpart.
- Identify potential clients, generating interest - look out for prospect new clients by cold calling, networking and being present.
- Maintaining as well enhance relationships, which is based on your strong self-motivation with strong communication skills.
- Working closely and get support from the internal sales team, project managers and designers.
- If you have experience in a packaging sector, supply chain, warehouse, automated warehouse and storage – that would be an advantage.
- An additional plus would be, if you have worked with larger system integrator/ material handlings systems provider like Dematic, Knapp, Swisslog, Vanderlande, Jungheinrich, Daifuku, TRW, TGW, Mecalux or 3PL (Third Party Logistics).
- You have experience in Logistics or supply chain? Please let us know.
- Communication – ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally, either verbally or in writing.
- We expect you to have excellent communication and social skills.
- Quality – ability to complete work correctly and on time in an acceptable format and have attention to detail
- Customer Focus – ability to focus on both internal and external customers
- Self-motivated, open and warm personality
No recruitment agencies please
Barbara Kapoor, Head of Finance
Phone +44 1773 543 170
George Utz Ltd.
Clover Nook Industrial Estate
DE55 4QT Alfreton, Derbyshire